Last Updated on May 14, 2019 by Klaus Crow
I hope you enjoyed Basic Strumming Patterns for Beginners Part I from last week. If you got those strumming patterns down and you’re ready for Part II then grab your guitar out of the stand and let’s get your skills to the next level.
Today I will show you another five important strumming patterns in 4/4, 3/4 and 2/4 time. Mastering the patterns of Part I & II will get you by playing most common pop, country and rock songs. These are the fundamentals for guitar strumming.
– Take your time to practice each pattern thoroughly
– Practice the patterns with the chord progression
– First practice slow and then gradually build up speed
– Listen to your favorite songs and figure out the appropriate strumming pattern.
– Practice the patterns daily!
“Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it.” ~ Lao Tzu