What wonderful things will 2015 have in store?
I love fresh new starts. Of course I can start over each day, but the new year is just a great way to symbolize that.
A new year to start a new dream or to expand and improve on something that you already really love doing.
I always start writing down new ideas, goals, thoughts, just everything that comes to mind at the beginning of each new year.
And I look back on the things I’ve written down last year to see if some of the things have come alive.
Usually a couple of those things have and that’s great! For other things I took a different turn because of some new insights I came across.
I know this happens every year. I write down goals. Not really goals but rather ideas or projects I’d like to fulfill as a vehicle to get started and be inspired.
And then life comes with surprises that I didn’t expect. Some beautiful and some less beautiful. Well, it often depends on how I perceive that.
It’s part of growing and part of the deal to get to where you want to be and where life wants you to go. You have to open your mind and eyes to see new opportunities and life lessons right in front of you, dare to go with the flow or let go and follow your heart. That’s when you find the real treasures.
Still, I like some guidance to kickstart the new year. I always keep focused on a few essentials that I write down in my Moleskine.
Here’s the list:
– Playing guitar regularly and practicing new things. (not just playing what I already know)
– Improving Guitarhabits and creating new ideas.
– Start a new blog.
– Eating and drinking healthy.
– Taking yoga classes, I want to get leaner. (I already started)
– More reading (non-fiction)
– Meditate (resetting my mind)
– Decluttering and simplifying.
– More outdoors (running, walking, cycling)
– Be open to synchronicities (meaningful coincidences)
– Letting go
I’d love to hear your goals, resolutions or ideas for the new year.
Please share in the comments. I’d appreciate it.
I wish you a happy, beautiful and awesome new year!