Why do you need chord formulas? Why do want to learn about them in the first place and what are their benefits?
Knowing some basic chord theory can make all the difference to your playing. It makes guitar playing more fun, interesting and a lot of what you play will make more sense. The pieces of the puzzle will fall in place.
Knowing how chord formulas work and knowing the notes on the strings is the ultimate combination.
Let’s see what you can do with chord formulas:
– Learn how to make your own chords.
– Figure out how to play a chord when you only have the name of a chord.
– Understanding the difference between chords like Dom7, Maj7 and min7.
– Make a chord easier to play if your pinky can’t reach for the major 7 or any other nasty note.
– Quickly turn a G major chord into Gsus4, G7, Gmaj7, G13 or any other variation you think of.
– Learn to see how easy it is to change from major to minor or any other chord.
– Apply the knowledge to your rhythm playing, songwriting, soloing and improvisation.
– Discover how it relates to every aspect of guitar playing as your knowledge expands over time.