photo from Istockphoto
So why should you play guitar?
Well, I can tell you a 100 reasons why it will improve your life, but I think 50 will do. First let’s start with a few reasons why you shouldn’t play any other instrument:
- 1 Have you ever hung around on the beach with your friends around a nice little campfire while you were playing your bass guitar to entertain everyone?…
- 2 Did you ever take a piano with you, carrying it on your bike on the way to your girlfriend to perform a serenade?…
- 3 Did you ever play a drum kit so everyone could sing along?…
My fellow musicians I’m just messing around :-)
Now let me give you some good reasons why you should pick up that guitar and treat it as your holy grail. Here we go!
Guitar playing is a great way to:
- 4 express your creativity.
- 5 learn how to write your own songs.
- 6 impress the love of your life.
- 7 play all kinds of music genres/styles; jazz, blues, classical, spanish, rock, metal, country, pop, etc.
- 8 expand your possibilities.
- 9 accompany yourself or another vocalist.
- 10 play in a band. Every band needs a rhythm or lead guitar player or else just start your own band.
- 11 relax and chill out. ( i prefer my acoustic guitar for this one )
- 12 become a performer.
- 13 just show everyone what a cool dude you are. :)
- 14 explore and break boundaries.
- 15 teach others.
- 16 be more mobile and flexible as a musician.
- 17 attract attention.
- 18 entertain people or yourself.
- 19 love life and live it to the fullest.
- 20 achieve your dream goal.
- 21 Rebel ( ever heard about Bob Dylan, The Stones or Jimi Hendrix )
- 22 learn to understand music, artists, musicians and why they do what they do.
- 23 feel good about yourself.
- 24 become a singer/songwriter.
- 25 play beautiful sounding chords.
- 26 travel the world without money.
- 27 be social or creating a social life.
- 28 forget about your troubles or daily business.
- 29 break out of the 9 to 5 life.
- 30 to be productive.
- 31 make a descent living or really good money.
- 32 make yourself heard.
- 33 grow.
- 34 to build self confidence.
- 35 grow further. (becoming a multi-instrumentalist, producer, sound-engineer, studio musician, etc.)
- 36 to play the blues ( in order to feel the blues, you need someone to break your heart. )
- 37 inspire others.
- 38 be spiritual.
- 39 learn a song in one week.
- 40 conquer the world.
- 41 set your soul on fire.
- 42 annoy your parents.
- 43 to express your happiness, sadness or even madness.
- 44 become disciplined or reckless.
- 45 drift away.
- 46 learn a good skill and become talented.
- 47 Rock ‘n Roll!
- 48 have some peace and quiet. ( if you play nice and easy )
- 49 simplify.
- 50 be proud of yourself!